The new year brings with it resolutions to be more productive, eat healthy, lose weight, get in shape and more. But if you’re hopping into a messy car to drive to the gym, your resolve can be zapped before you even get your key in the ignition. A messy car interior can also lead to the need for Fort Lauderdale Collision Repair.
Cleaning your car out and keeping it organized can be a great new habit to start in 2019, and we’ve got some quick and easy car organization tips to get you going:
1. Declutter. Start with two bags, one for trash and one for things that you intend to keep. Lots of items get left behind in the car but don’t belong there. Put them in the non-trash bag and return them to their proper location once you’ve finished cleaning the car.
2. Clean. Now that you have all the clutter out, give your vehicle a good deep cleaning wiping down the dash, instruments, cup holders, windows, doors, and sweeping the upholstery and floor. You’ll be surprised just how quickly you can thoroughly clean your car.
3. Plan Ahead. Once your car is clean, make a plan to keep it that way. Add a small garbage can to your car. You can use a plastic cereal bin lined with a plastic bag for this. Now, you have a place for the trash that can accumulate in door panels and on the floor. When you fill your car up with gas, empty the trash can at the same time.
4. Organize. Keep your essential paper work organized in the glove box. You can get a cheap coupon organizer to hold registration, insurance papers or cards, emergency medical and contact information, warranties, and more.
5. Utilize. Many people have had a near death experience trying to pick up a dropped smart phone—especially while using a navigation app. It’s a great idea to invest in a smartphone car mount. There are a lot of choices from ones that clip to the vents and others that insert into the CD player so you can find one that works best for you.
6. Maximize. Did you find bills, receipts and other important items while you were cleaning up? Attaching an organizer to your visor can offer you a place to store important items such as sunglasses, pens, or receipts.
7. Upkeep. Now that you’ve done such a great job getting your car in tip top shape, keep it that way. Each time you exit the car, take a look around and see if there’s trash that needs to be disposed of or clothing, packages, etc. that need to be put away in your home. If you’re a parent, kids can be huge contributors to messy cars. Make sure that they bring all their belongings in with them and throw their trash away upon exiting the car.
Work hard to keep your car clean! It’s a reflection of you! And if you need some body work or a new coat of paint to bring your car back to life, give the Fort Lauderdale Collision Repair experts at Grieco Collision Center a call, at 888-451-0538